Factors affecting surface roughness in grinding
Just like the formation process of surface roughness during cutting, the formation of grinding surface roughness is also determined by geometric factors and plastic deformation of the surface metal.
The main factors affecting the surface roughness of grinding are:
1. The particle size of the grinding wheel
The larger the grain size of the grinding wheel for hardware parts processing, the smaller the size of the abrasive grains, the more abrasive grains will participate in the grinding, and the smoother the ground surface will be.
2. The hardness of the grinding wheel
3. Dressing of the grinding wheel: the higher the quality of the dressing, the smoother the ground surface.
4. Grinding speed
The higher the grinding speed v of the grinding wheel for hardware parts processing, the more the number of abrasive particles passing through the ground surface per unit time, and the smoother the surface of the workpiece.
Note: In the grinding process, the higher the speed of the workpiece, the number of abrasive particles passing through the surface to be ground per unit time will decrease, which will increase the surface roughness value instead.
5. Grinding radial feed rate and smooth grinding times
6. Circumferential feed rate and axial feed rate of workpiece for hardware parts processing:
7. Cooling lubricant